Titles in the Pocket Tutor series give practical guidance on subjects that medical students and foundation doctors need help with “on the go”, at a highly affordable price that puts them within reach of those rotating through modular courses or working on attachment.
Topics reflect information needs stemming from today’s integrated undergraduate & foundation courses:
· Common investigations (ECG, imaging, etc)
· Clinical skills (surface anatomy, patient examination, etc.)
· Clinical specialties that students perceive as too small to merit a textbook (psychiatry, renal medicine)
Highly structured, bite-size content helps novices combat the “fear factor” associated with day to day clinical training, and provides “just enough” for a new rotation.
· Highly affordable price and convenient pocket size format – fits in back pocket!
· Logical, sequential content: the first principles of emergency imaging, then a guide to understanding a normal image and the building blocks of an abnormal image, before describing specific clinical disorders
· Clinical disorders are illustrated by high quality radiographs, ultrasounds, CTs and MRIs, with brief accompanying text that clearly identifies the defining feature of the image
· Focuses on the conditions that medical students and foundation doctors are most likely to see and be tested on